We have compiled a number of web links and references.
Button Shows and Excursions
The Club organizes trips to other button shows each year. This is an excellent way to extend networks and further educate ourselves on the wonderful world of buttons.
- National Button Society - Remember there is a $5 discount if you are one of the first 50 to join in 2021. With US exchange, this is expensive, but the results will be great - even if you only want to learn about using buttons and creating some wonderful crafts!
- North Eastern Region Button Association NERBA
- Western Region Button Association - (WERBA) You will never get enough of this one... A great place to learn.
- Button Country - a fantastic website for both newbies and experienced button collectors. Read all about it here and then explore . . .
- Buttonbytes - Online Button Club. To join you must first register with Google. There is no fee). Then go to Buttonbytes homepage and click on "join this group" Wednesdays are called Wild Wednesdays and you can buy and sell buttons with the group
Films, videos and research sites available on the Web
NOTE: These research sites change all the time - best to keep exploring and send us new links.
- Ohio State University Button Collection Button up, Button down
- Royal Alberta Museum - Blog/Buttons - This time learn more and with a Canadian connection.
- Hammond-Turner.com - Online button museum - this is one to be seen to be believed.
- Button history: a Visual tour of button design through the ages, Slate Magazine.
- Explore the National Pearl Button Museum @ the History and Industry Center.
- History: Button Factory Arts, in Waterloo, ON.
- Collecting Antique Picture Buttons Animal Theme
- Antique Button Collecting
- BBC Jeremy Nicholas & the Button Collector
- YouTube published in 2011. Button Madness – Just Part of My Button Collection
- Film JUST BUTTONS - aka BUTTON FACTORY - British Pathe Production.
- YouTube production telling the story of Kate Greenaway Buttons. This was produced in 2011. Kate Greenaway Buttons
- Tender Buttons Modern & Antique Buttons - New York - This store is now closed, but there is still a YouTube video that will interest you.
- Several YouTube videos all about buttons . . . Again, Poke about.
- Pioneer Button Club Meets at Northminster United Church, 676 Simcoe Street North at Rossland Road West, Oshawa, Ontario, For more information: email@example.com
- Prairie Button Keepers: Winnipeg, MN. meet once a month from Sept to June at one of three different libraries throughout the city. The meetings are held on Mondays but the actual date and location isn’t set until the previous meeting. Margaret Arsenault.E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Edmonton Button Club/"Buttons are Fun" meets six times a year. The first Tuesday of September, November, January, March, May and July. Meetings are held at the Woodcroft Library in Westmount, Edmonton from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. Contact: Diane Close, email@example.com.
[Check back often as we collect more resources]